Saturday, May 10, 2008

The different stages of a sand storm - You can see the dusk / sand cloud across the sun - it's about 4pm. As it rolls in it looks a lot like fog
Then finally when you are deep inside it - the whole place takes on this other world view, with the wried orange tone...This last picture was taken the following morning at about 10am - this one lasted for about 36 hours - you don't want to go outside. I feel for the guys that just have to keep Soldiering and accomplish the mission.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

wow! those are great pictures! I would not want to be caught there sheesh!

Whitney Larsen said...

Great pictures--although it makes my eyes burn, just looking at them!

lesley & robert said...

Holy Freak! That's awesome, Jon! I think it's so cool to see the approach of the storm and then being in the actual storm. I always pictured that they were these whirlwinds that blew in and out pretty quickly. I never in a million years would have thought they would have lasted for 36 hours. That's too wild!
Thanks for sharing.
I miss you...and I promise I have a birthday package ready to send you...I'm sorry i"m such a slacker!